I hope that you found the previous blog post on simplifying your life helpful. In this post, I will add the next 5 things that can be done to simplify your life. Simplifying allow us to think clearer and easier because we are not surrounded by things, tasks that do not matter most to us. Overscheduling, clutter, saying yes when we really mean NO may be contributing factors to depression and anxiety.
6. Simply your home task. I once read you can tell a lot about a person life about how they keep the inside of their car, home, or office. Rather than trying to knock everything single thing off your to-do list, focus on only the most essential task and then find ways to eliminate all the others. Simply your list at home by delegating task, outsourcing and removing anything that does not fall in line with what is important. This may look like hiring a virtual assistant, a housekeeper, an intern, a new employee or even soliciting more help from family.
7. Learn to say NO. When you learn to say NO, you will begin to take only as much as you can handle. Then you give attention to the task that matter most.
8. Limited your consumption of media. The abundance of media available today can overwhelm nearly every second of our lives. I must admit, that I even become overwhelmed by the information in the media. Try to simplify your own life by limiting media and information consumption whenever possible.
9. Be selective with your method of communication. Designate certain times of day for communicating by only email at certain points in the day, only using the phone during certain hours and chatting only on messages and so on. When we limit our communication throughout the day, it prevents communication overload or feeling overwhelmed during the day.
10. Purge unnecessary things. Devote one weekend every month to getting rid of absolutely anything that you do not want or need in your life. Removing everything that does not really matter can be therapeutic and cathartic. Purging your home and your life once monthly is a beneficial process to your overall health.
As you add steps 6 to 10, consider this to be more foundational blocks thought that will guide you to find new ways to create a simple more satisfying life. With just a little effort, you can achieve simplicity in all aspect of your life. Simplifying your life allows for most positive experiences, decrease negativity, more energy and time for things you enjoy thus improving your mental health. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share the tools that work for you simplifying your life. If you have read the steps and need additional help with simplifying your life or want to keys to improving overall mental wellness, Ctrl Shift Balance can assist with creating a personalized plan for you.
Shift and Simplify,