Shayla Peterson, MSW, LCSW, LISW-CP(S)
Shayla Peterson is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who believes that emotional well-being and mental health is our key to have a healthy lifestyle. She obtained her Bachelors in Psychology and Masters in Social Work from California State University, Long Beach. She has worked with an array of mental health concerns from her clinical experiences in private practice groups over the last 16 years. She has been invited to present and provide workshops on Mental Wellness, Stress Management and Assertiveness in the States of Tennessee and South Carolina. As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, her clientele varies from adjusting to life transitions, depression, anxiety, women issues, self-esteem, communication, assertiveness and desire to be emotionally healthy.
Shayla has focused her efforts back on helping women create a balance in their career, family, and self. After years of Shayla being a career woman out in the field, she was faced to evolve as wife and mother while balancing her career as a psychotherapist, she has built a practice and managed her own wellbeing to help others like herself. Shayla knows that being a Military Spouse comes with moves every few years and it has its challenges, but Shayla has made it work and the people she serves by opening Ctrl Shift Balance Mental Wellness by offering safe and secure online psychotherapy sessions that are focused on emotional well-being and mental health in the states to South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Florida.
Shayla person-centered approach to therapy is nonjudgmental, supportive, and empathic. She uses treatment modalities that meet her clients where they are at with a combination of skills from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT). Shayla looks for ways to help women unpack baggage that keeps them from taking the steps that are necessary to create balance to thrive personally and professionally.
- Bachelor of Art (BA) in Psychology from California State University, Long Beach
- Masters of Social Work (MSW) from California State University, Long Beach
- South Carolina Board Approved Supervision for Clinical Social Work
- Licensed Independent Social Worker-Clinical Practice in South Carolina (SW11981)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in North Carolina (C012338)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Tennessee (SW5975)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Florida (SW11763)
- Premier Counseling as a Clinical Consultant
- Military and Family Life Counselor
- Trinity Behavioral Health Services as an Assistant Clinical Director
- Los Angeles County Public Defenders Office as a Psychiatric Social Worker
- Xavier Psychological Testing/Greatest Love Foster Family Agency
- Redcross Reconnection Workshop Facilitator for Veterans